ORDINANCE NO 2023-02
TO AMEND ORDINANCES OF THE REEDSVILLE VILLAGE CODE
PARKING OF RECREATIONAL VEHICLE ORDINANCE
Authority: This Ordinance is adopted pursuant to the police powers of the Village Board under Sec.61.34, and Sec. 349.13(1e)(a) Wis Stats.
Purpose: This Parking of Recreational Vehicle Ordinance of the Village of Reedsville is intended to lessen congestion in the streets; to promote and to protect the public health, safety, comfort, convenience and welfare; to provide adequate standards of light, air and open space; to allow for needed access to and encourage use of recreational vehicles while maintaining the aesthetic appearances and scenic values of the Village; and to prevent the overcrowding of land uses, for the mutual benefit of all.
- Recreational Vehicle (RV) is a vehicular or portable unit designed to be mounted on a chassis and wheels, which either has its own motive power or is mounted on or drawn by another vehicle, such as travel trailers, fifth wheel trailers, camping trailers, motor homes, or truck campers which may be used as a temporary dwelling or sleeping place. Boats and trailers are also Recreational Vehicles.
- Commercial Motor Vehicle is a motor vehicle weighing more than 26,000 lbs. (over 13 tons) and is used to transport passengers or property for private business purposes. These heavy-duty vehicles are considered Class 7 or greater under US Department of Transportation Standards, and typically have 3 axles or more.
- Recreational vehicles, including boats and trailers, may be parked or stored on residential zoned (R or RM) property in the village.
- No recreation vehicle shall be parked on a village street or other public road right-of-way, or parked on any area adjacent to the street or road right-of-way, for more than 48 hours for the purpose of loading or unloading the RV.
- No recreational vehicle shall be used or occupied as living quarters, no more than 14 days total in a calendar year on private property or on the public street or road right-of-way adjacent to the private property.
- The use of recreational vehicles as living quarters is permitted in the Village only in any authorized mobile home park, or in the Business zoned district (B) with the approval of Law Enforcement, and in compliance with all applicable ordinances and regulations.
- No Commercial Motor Vehicle shall be parked or stored, whether or not occupied, in any residential zoned district (R or RM), on any public street or road, on any private road, or adjacent to any public or private street or road, in the Village of Reedsville.
Notwithstanding the forgoing provisions of this Ordinance;
(a) A trailer used solely for commercial landscaping purposes and unenclosed, is permitted with prior authorization obtained from Village Public Works personnel, and subject to any conditions imposed for such use.
(b) Public utility or emergency vehicles while actively engaged by authorized personnel in the performance of their duties are exempt from the terms of this Ordinance.
(c) Special circumstance parking authority may be obtained with the approval from Law Enforcement and subject to any conditions imposed for such use.
This Ordinance shall be effective upon adoption and posting according to law.
Adopted: May 11, 2023
Reedsville Village Board
/s/Allen Schreiber Village President
/s/Mary Jo Krahn, Clerk-Treasurer
Introduced By: /s/Jennifer Maertz
Moved By: /s/Terry Hansen
Seconded by: /s/Rebecca Fox
For: 4 Against: 2 (Rataichek & Siebert )