AUTHORIZING SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS FOR IMPROVEMENTS
RESOLUTION NO. 2017-3
WHEREAS the Village Board of the Village of Reedsville on March 5, 2015 adopted Preliminary Resolution Declaring Intent to Levy Special Assessments for Improvements being the installation of storm water laterals on the north side of Deerview Drive extended west to County Road W in the Village Reedsville, Wisconsin; and
WHEREAS the report of the Village Engineer has been prepared pursuant to Section 66.0703 (5), Wis. Stat., and has been filed with Village Clerk; and
WHEREAS the owners of all property affected by the proposed Special Assessment have signed and filed a Waiver of Notice and Hearing for Special Assessments pursuant to Section 66.0703 (7)(b), Wis. Stat.;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the Village Board of the Village of Reedsville, Manitowoc County, as follows:
- That the report of Ayres Associates pertaining to the construction of the above described improvements, including plans and specifications and costs therefor, as modified, is hereby adopted and approved.
- That the Village Board is directed to carry out the work of such improvement in accordance with said report.
- That payment for said improvement shall be made by assessing the cost to the property benefitted thereby as indicated in the report and schedule of assessments on file with the village.
- That the benefits and damages shown on the report are true and correct and are hereby confirmed.
- That payment for the assessments shall be in one installment due upon closing of the sale or transfer of the parcel subject to the assessment. Until such time, the assessment is deferred without interest. Any assessment not paid when due shall accrue interest at the rate of 1% per annum from the due date to the date of payment.
- That the Village Clerk/Treasurer is directed to publish this resolution in the official newspaper of the Village, post copies in three (3) public places within the Village, and mail a copy of this resolution and schedule of assessments to every property owner whose name appears on the assessment roll whose post office address is known, or can with reasonable diligence be ascertained.
This Final Resolution is adopted pursuant to Section 66.0703 (8), Wis. Stat.
Adopted: June 8, 2017.
VILLAGE OF REEDSVILLE – VILLAGE BOARD
By:/s/ Geoff Weinreis, President
By: Mary Jo Krahn, Clerk-Treasurer
Introduced By: /s/ Jerry Reis
Moved By: /s/ J Siebert
Seconded By: /s/ Jesse Walt
For: 5 Against: 0